"Be not afraid of the king of Babylon, of whom ye are afraid; be not afraid of him, saith the LORD: for I am with you to save you, and to deliver you from his hand." -Jeremiah 42:11
"And upon her forehead
was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON
THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS
OF THE EARTH." -Revelation 17:5
Cardinal Newman admits in his book that; the "temples, incense, oil lamps, votive offerings, holy water, Holidays, and seasons of devotion, processions, blessings of the fields, sacerdotal vestments, the tonsure (of priests, munks and nuns), images, and statues... are all of PAGAN ORIGIN." -The Development of the Christian Religion Cardinal Newman p.359
The penetration of the religion of Babylon became so general and well known that Rome was called the "New Babylon." -Faith of our fathers 1917 ed. Cardinal Gibbons, p. 106
"Confiding then in the power of
Christianity to resist the infection of evil, and to transmute the instruments
and appendages of demon worship to an evangelical use... the rulers of the church from early times were prepared
should occasion arise, to adopt, or imitate, or sanction the existing rites and
customs of the populace."
-Development of Christian Doctrine, Cardinal Newman. p.
"in order to recommend the new religion to the heathen:" "The use of temples, and these dedicated to particular saints, and ornamented on occasions with branches of trees; incense, lamps, and candles; holy water; asylums [hermitages, monasteries and convents]; [pagan] holy-days, processions, sacerdotal vestments, the tonsure, the ring in marriage, turning to the East, images, . . . and the Kyrie Eleison."--J. H. Newman, An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine, 1920 edition, p.373 [Roman Catholic].
"The mighty Catholic Church was little more then the Roman Empire baptized."-- A. C, Flick, The Rise of the Mediaeval Church, 1909 edition, p. 148. From ancient Babylon came the cult of the virgin mother-goddess, who was worshiped as the highest of gods--see S. H. Langdon, Semitic Mythology, 1931 edition. This worship was taken over as Mary-worship by Rome. Heathen sun-worship on Sunday was likewise adopted by the Roman apostasy.
"In order to attach to Christianity great attraction in the eyes of the nobility, the priests adopted the outer garments and adornments which were used in pagan cults." -Life of Constantine, Eusabius, cited in Altai-Nimalaya, p. 94
"The Church did everything it couldto stamp out such 'pagan' rites, but had to capitualet and allow the rites to continue with only the name of the local diety changed to some Christian saint's name." -Religious Tradition and Myth. Dr. Edwin Goodenough, Professor of Religion, Harvard University. p. 56, 57
"From the foregoing, which treats merely of the more important solar festivals, it is clear that these products of paganism are as much in force at present ... as they ever were, and that Christianity countenances, and in many cases has actually adopted and practiced, pagan rites whose heathen significance is merely lost sight of because attention is not called tot the source whence these rites have sprung. So heavy was this infiltration that Sir Samuel Dill exclaims: "Christianity is only a sect of the Mithraists." -Roman Society from Nero to Marcus Aurelius, p. VII
"We know that Mithraism was a state religion of Rome at the time that the Christian church was established there. Evidently tenants of Mithraism such as Sunday worship and eating the wafer in the mass were adopted into Christianity at that time" -Jim Arrabito "666 & the Mark"
In Stanley's History, page 40:
"The popes filled the place of the
vacant emperors at Rome, inheriting
"In short, sun worship, symbolically speaking, lies at the very heart of the great festivals which the Christian Church celebrates today, and these relics of heathen religion have, through the medium of their sacred rites, curiously enough blended with practices and beliefs utterly antagonistic to the spirit which prompted them." -Sun Lore of All Ages, Olcott, p. 248
"Yet the cross itself is the oldest of phallic emblems, and the lozenge-shaped windows of cathedrals are proof that the yonic symbols have survived the destructions of the pagan Mysteries. The very structure of the church itself is permeated with (sexual symbolism) phallicism. Remove from the Christian Church all emblems of Priapic origin and nothing is left..." -The secret teaching of all ages by Manley P. Hall
"When the zealots of the primitave Christian Church sought to Christianize paganism, the pagan initiates retorted with a powerful effort to paganize Christianity. The Christians failed but the pagans succeeded. With the decline of paganism the initiated pagan hierophants transferred their base of operations to the new vehicle of primitive Christianity, adopting the symbols of the new cult to conceal those eternal verities which are ever the priceless possession of the wise." -The secret teachings of all ages, Manley P. Hall p. CLXXXV
"...The world, cloaked with a form of righteousness, walked into the church. Now the work of corruption rapidly progressed. Paganism, while appearing to be vanquished, became the conqueror. Her spirit controlled the church. Her doctrines, ceremonies, and superstitions were incorporated into the faith and worship of the professed followers of Christ." -The Great Controversy, p. 50
"The belief in miracle-working objects, talismans, amulets, and formulas was dear to Christianity, and they were received from pagan antiquity . . . The vestments of the clergy and the papal title of 'pontifex maximus' were legacies from pagan Rome. The [Catholic] Church found that rural converts still revered certain springs, wells, trees, and stones; she thought it wiser to bless these to Christian use then to break too sharply the customs of sentiment . . . Pagan festivals dear to the people, reappeared as Christian feasts, and pagan rites were transformed into Christian liturgy . . . The Christian calendar of saints replaced the Roman 'fasti' [gods]; ancient divinities dear to the people were allowed to revive under the names of 'Christian saints' . . . Gradually the tenderest features of Astarte, Cybele, Artemis, Diana, and Isis were gathered together in the worship of Mary"--Wil Durant, The Age of Faith, 1950, pp. 745-746.
Langdon tells us that Mary worship came from ancient Babylon where the virgin mother-goddess was worshiped under the name "Ishtar." Elsewhere in the Near East, the mother-goddess was called "Astarte, Ashtoreth, Persephone, Artemis, [Diana] of Ephesus, Venus, and Isis." This goddess, considered to be greater than any god, was called by these heathen the "virgin mother, merciful mother, Queen of Heaven, and my lady" [which is what "Madonna" means in Italian]. Langdon says she was often sculptured in mother-and-infant images, or as a "mater dolorom" [sorrowful mother] interceding for men with a wrathful god. And thus ancient paganism was brought into the churches and lives of Christians.--see S.H. Langdon, Semitic Mythology, 1931 edition, pp. 12-34, 108-111, 341-344. Laing mentions several other corruptions by which the mother-goddess was worshiped by heathens, that Rome adopted into Christianity: holy water, votive offerings, elevation of sacred objects [lifting of the host], the priest's bells, the decking of images, processions, festivals, prayers for the dead, the worship of relics and the statues of saints.--see Gordon J. Laing, Survivals of Roman Religion, 1931 edition, pp. 92-95, 123-131,238-241.
Two dominant elements brought into Christianity from paganism by Rome were Sun worship symbols and the religious practices of ancient Babylon] "The solar theology of the Chaldaeans [Babylonians], had decisive effect . . . [upon the] final form reached by the religion of the pagan Semites, and following them, by that of the Romans when [the Roman emperor] Aurelian, the conqueror of Palmyra, had raised 'Sol Invictus' [the invincible sun-god] to the rank of supreme divinity in the Empire"--The Cambridge Ancient History, vol. 11, pp. 643, 646-647. From Palmyra he transferred to the new sanctuary the images of Helios [the sun-god] and Bel, the malaise patron god of Babylon--see Cumont, The Oriental Religions In Roman Paganism, 1911 edition, pp. 114-115, 124.
"The [Catholic] Church took the
pagan philosophy and made it the
buckler of faith against the heathen.
She took the pagan Roman Pantheon,
temple of all the gods, and made it sacred to all the martyrs; so it stands to this day. She took the pagan Sunday and made it the Christian Sunday.
She took the pagan Easter and
made it the feast we celebrate during this season . . . The Sun was a foremost god with heathendom . . . The sun has worshipers at this
hour in Persia and other lands . . . Hence the Church would seem to
say, 'Keep that old pagan name
[Sunday]. It shall remain consecrated, sanctified.' And thus the pagan Sunday,
dedicated to Balder, became the Christian Sunday, sacred to Jesus"--William L. Gildea, "Paschale Gaudium," in
The Catholic World, 58, March, 1894, p. 809 [A Roman Catholic weekly].
"Whatever Roman elements the barbarians
and Aryans left . . . [came] under the protection of the Bishop of Rome, who
was the chief person there after the Emperor's disappearance . . . The Roman
Church in this way privily pushed
itself into the place of the Roman World-Empire, of which it is the actual continuation; the empire has not
perished, but has only undergone a transformation . . . It [the Catholic Church]
is a political creation, and as imposing as a World-Empire, because [it is a
continuation of] the Roman
Empire. The Pope, who calls
himself 'King' and 'Pontifex
Maximus' [the title of the Roman
Emperor in the time of Christ], is
Harnack, What is Christianity? 1963, pp. 269-270.
[Speaking of the time, about 500 A.D., when the Roman Empire was crumbling to pieces:] "No, the [Catholic] Church will not descend into the tomb. It will survive the Empire . . . At length a second empire will arise, and of this empire the Pope will be the master--more then this, he will be the master of Europe. He will dictate his orders to kings who will obey them"--Andrea Lagarde, The Latin Church in the Middle Ages, 1915, p. vi.
"From the foregoing, which treats merely of the more important solar festivles, it is clear that these products of paganism are as much in force at present... as they ever were, and that Christianity countenances, and in many cases has actually adopted and practiced, pagan rites whose heathen significance is merely lost sight of because attention is not called to the source whence those rites have spring. So heavy was this infiltration that Sir Samuel Dill exclaims: "Christianity is only a sect of the Mithraists." -Roman Society from Nero to Marcus Aurelius. P. vii
NOTICE THE LIST BELOW. NOTICE HOW
BABYLON INVENTED THE DOCTRINE TO WORSHIP THE PAGAN SUN GOD. THEN NOTICE THE
"CHRISTIAN" CHURCH OF ROME ADOPTING 100% OF THE PAGAN DOCTRINES GIVING THEM
Now do you understand WHY the Vatican is declared the "WHORE OF BABYLON?"
1. Abundant in treasures--Jeremiah 51:13.
2. All connected with her are made rich (not riches of heaven)--Revelation 18:19.
3. Are liars--Jeremiah 50:36.
4. Are mad (lost their reason) upon their idols--Jeremiah 50:38.
5. Beasts inhabit--Isaiah 13:21-22.
6. Believes that God does not dwell with humanity (Christ's nature before fall)--Daniel 2:11.
7. Believes they are gods--Isaiah 47:8, 10.
8. Besieges God's professed church until it falls captive--2 Kings 24:10-12, 25:1-4; Jeremiah 39:1-2.
9. Breaks bones of God's people--Jeremiah 50:17.
10. Breaks down walls of God's professed church--2 Kings 25:9; 2 Chronicles 36:19; Ezra 5:12; Jeremiah 39:8.
11. Builds city and tower whose top reaches unto heaven--Genesis 11:4.
12. Builds great image of man for all to worship--Daniel 3:1-7.
13. Burns with fire God's professed church--2 Kings 25:9; 2 Chronicles 36:19; Jeremiah 21:10, 38:23, 39:8.
14. Camps against God's professed church until is succumbs--Jeremiah 52:4-7.
15. Carries away treasures (precious truths) out of God's once faithful church--2 Kings 24:13; 2 Chron 36:7, 10, 18.
16. Carries away all the mighty men--2 Kings 24:14.
17. Casts out God's people--Jeremiah 51:34.
18. Causes God's people to be slain--Jeremiah 51:49.
19. Celebration is in her midst--Jeremiah 51:39.
20. Commands all to worship image of man at sound of music--Daniel 3:1-7.
21. Completely captivates majority of members until only a remnant remain--2 Kings 25:11-12, 22; 2 Chronicles 36:20; Ezra 5:12; Jeremiah 39:9-10, 40:11.
22. Completely removes all precious vessels which were once held by God's church--2 Kings 25:13-17.
23. Connected with hell--Isaiah 14:9.
24. Connected with Mysteries of spiritualism--Revelation 17:5.
25. Connected with scarlet-colored beast (secret societies)--Revelation 17:3.
26. Connected with ships (other churches)--Revelation 18:17.
27. Connected with spiritualism--Ezekiel 21:21.
28. Corrupts earth with fornication--Revelation 19:2.
29. Crushes God's people--Jeremiah 51:34.
30. Cuts down people as trees--Isaiah 14:8.
31. Cuts in pieces precious vessels of God's once faithful church--2 Kings 24:13, 25:13; 2 Chronicles 36:19.
32. Deals in slaves--Revelation 18:13.
33. Deals in souls of men--Revelation 18:13.
34. Deceives by sorceries--Revelation 18:23.
35. Defiles sacred vessels and precious things of God's design--Daniel 5:2-4.
36. Destroys all the earth--Jeremiah 51:25.
37. Destroys God's heritage--Jeremiah 50:11.
38. Devours God's people--Jeremiah 51:34.
39. Does evil among God's people--Jeremiah 51:24.
40. Does not consider her possible destruction (does not lay these things to heart)--Isaiah 47:7.
41. Does not glorify God--Daniel 5:23.
42. Does not remember warnings given about her destruction--Isaiah 47:7.
43. Does not want to fight outwardly--Jeremiah 51:30.
44. Does violence to God's people--Jeremiah 51:35.
45. Does what she wants to, yet believes she will see no sorrow (no punishment or judgment for her actions)-- Revelation 18:7.
46. Drunken with the blood of God's saints--Revelation 17:6.
47. Dwells carelessly--Isaiah 47:8.
48. Dwells upon many waters--Jeremiah 51:13.
49. Employs reapers to harvest fields (sown with seeds of falsehood)--Jeremiah 50:16.
50. Employs sowers (to spread seeds of falsehood)--Jeremiah 50:16.
51. Fears not the Lord--2 Kings 17:25.
52. Full of astonishment--Jeremiah 25:10.
53. Full of falsehoods--Jeremiah 51:17.
54. Full of pomp--Isaiah 14:11.
55. Full of unclean birds--Jeremiah 50:39.
56. Full of wild beasts--Jeremiah 50:39.
57. Full of vanity--Jeremiah 51:18.
58. Given to pleasure--Isaiah 47:8.
59. Glorifies herself--Revelation 18:7.
60. Great majority of wise men are liars and corrupt--Daniel 2:2, 9.
61. Grows fat (on sin)--Jeremiah 50:11.
62. Has broad walls--Jeremiah 51:58.
63. Has daughters--Jeremiah 50:42.
64. Has high gates--Jeremiah 51:58.
65. Has trial (inquisition) to determine crimes against her decrees--Daniel 3:13-15.
66. Heart is lifted up--Daniel 5:20.
67. Her captains are drunk and asleep--Jeremiah 51:57.
68. Her cities (churches) are a dry land (no refreshing of the latter rain)--Jeremiah 51:43.
69. Her cities (churches) are a wilderness--Jeremiah 51:43.
70. Her cities (churches) are desolate (no Saviour)--Jeremiah 51:43.
71. Her cry (glory) is found in ships--Isaiah 43:14.
72. Her men are brutish in their own knowledge--Jeremiah 51:17.
73. Her mighty men are drunk and asleep--Jeremiah 51:57.
74. Her princes are drunk and asleep--Jeremiah 51:57.
75. Her rulers are drunk and asleep--Jeremiah 51:57.
76. Her waves (ministers--those raised up above the level of the sea or people) do roar--Jeremiah 51:55.
77. Her wise men are drunk and asleep--Jeremiah 51:57.
78. Highest leader becomes angry when his will is disregarded for God's will--Daniel 3:19.
79. Highest leader makes hasty decisions--Daniel 2:15.
80. Holds God's people captive--Jeremiah 50:33.
81. Is clothed in gorgeous apparel (but not the robe of Christ's righteousness)--Revelation 17:4, 18:16.
82. Is covetous--Jeremiah 51:13.
83. Is desolate--Jeremiah 25:10; Revelation 17:6.
84. Is filled with delicacies--Jeremiah 51:34.
85. Is full of abominations--Revelation 17:4.
86. Is full of filthiness--Revelation 17:4.
87. Is full of mingled-people (mixed-multitude)--Jeremiah 50:37.
88. Is great and mighty in eyes of world--Revelation 17:18, 18:10, 16.
89. Is intimately connected with merchants--Isaiah 47:15; Revelation 18:3.
90. Is lustful--Revelation 18:14.
91. Is naked--Revelation 17:16; Isaiah 47:3.
92. Is perverted--Isaiah 47:10.
93. Is proud against the Lord--Jeremiah 50:29, 31-32.
94. Keeps God's people captive as prisoners--Isaiah 14:17.
95. Language was confounded (confused)--Genesis 11:7-9.
96. Lifts up self against the Lord--Daniel 5:23.
97. Lives deliciously--Revelation 18:7
98. Lucifer is her king--Isaiah 14:4, 12.
99. Made up of many nations (churches) flowing (uniting) into one--Jeremiah 51:44.
100. Makes all nations (churches) commit fornication with her--Revelation 14:8, 18:3.
101. Makes all nations (churches) drink of her wine (false doctrines)--Revelation 14:8, 18:3
102. Makes all the earth drunken--Jeremiah 51:7; Revelation 17:2.
103. Makes all the earth mad (without reason)--Jeremiah 51:7.
104. Makes God's people empty--Jeremiah 51:34.
105. Makes inhabitants of earth commit fornication with her--Revelation 17:2.
106. Mind hardened by pride--Daniel 5:20.
107. Mounts up to heaven--Jeremiah 51:53.
108. Not humble of heart, even though aware of God's will--Daniel 5:22.
109. Once had (heavenly) craftsmen in her, but no more--Revelation 18:22.
110. Once had (heavenly) music in her, but no more--Revelation 18:22.
111. Once had the light of a candle in her, but no more (no more light of God's truths--candlestick removed)--Jeremiah 25:10; Revelation 18:23.
112. Once had the sound of a millstone in her (grinding out seed or hammering out the truth), but no more--Jeremiah 25:10; Revelation 18:22.
113. Once had the voice of the bride in her (was once the true church), but no more--Jeremiah 25:10; Revelation 18:23.
114. Once had the voice of the Bridegroom (Christ) in her, but no more--Jeremiah 25:10; Revelation 18:23.
115. Once had the voice of gladness (gospel of Christ) within, but no more--Jeremiah 25:10.
116. Once had the voice of mirth within, but no more--Jeremiah 25:10.
117. Once was clean and pure, but now is a cage (closed structure) of every unclean and hateful bird--Revelation 18:2.
118. Once was the habitation of God's angels, but now is the habitation of devils--Revelation 18:2.
119. Once was the hold of the Holy Spirit, but now is the hold of every foul spirit--Revelation 18:2.
120. Oppresses--Isaiah 14:4; Jeremiah 50:16, 33.
121. Persecutes by fire all who do not bow and worship image of man--Daniel 3:6.
122. Places relatives in high positions of leadership (nepotism)--2 Kings 24:17.
123. Practices abundant enchantments--Isaiah 47:8, 12.
124. Practices divination--Ezekiel 21:21.
125. Practices sorcery--Isaiah 47:9, 12.
126. Produces evildoers--Isaiah 14:20.
127. Produces other harlots--Revelation 17:5.
128. Puts on pretense of piety--Isaiah 47:1.
129. Refuses to be healed of sin--Jeremiah 51:9.
130. Refuses to let go of God's people--Jeremiah 50:33.
131. Reigns over others--Revelation 17:18.
132. Reigns without a king (being a widow, or divorced by Husband)--Revelation 18:7.
133. Replaces God's people with pagan believers--2 Kings 17:24.
134. Sins have reached unto heaven (corporate probation closed)--Revelation 18:5.
135. Sits on seven hills--Revelation 17:9.
136. Sits upon many waters--Revelation 17:1, 15.
137. Shows no mercy--Isaiah 47:6.
138. Shows no respect for age--Isaiah 47:6.
139. Sleeps a perpetual sleep--Jeremiah 51:39.
140. Smites--Isaiah 14:6.
141. Speaks with a great voice--Jeremiah 51:55.
142. Strives against the Lord--Jeremiah 50:24.
143. Swallows up God's people--Jeremiah 51:34.
144. Takes away precious things belonging to God's people--Isaiah 39:6.
145. Teaches immortality of the soul (a lady for ever)--Isaiah 47:7.
146. Teaches that she will never be destroyed (a lady or church for ever)--Isaiah 47:7.
147. The praise of the whole earth--Jeremiah 51:41.
148. Tries to be worshiped as God--Isaiah 14:14.
149. Tries to hide her nakedness--Isaiah 47:3.
150. Tries to hide her shame--Isaiah 47:3.
151. Tries to make themselves a name--Genesis 11:4.
152. Tries to prevent separation (lest we be scattered)--Genesis 11:4.
153. Tries to serve God and false gods at same time--2 Kings 17:32-33.
154. Tries to unite all into one--Genesis 11:4.
155. Trusts in wickedness--Isaiah 47:10.
156. Unites God's precious vessels (truths) with corrupt vessels (false doctrines)--Ezra 5:14.
157. Uses intimidation to bring about submission of will to worship image of man--Daniel 3:13-15.
158. Uses slime as mortar for the walls of Babylon--Genesis 11:3.
159. Waters are dried up--Jeremiah 50:38.
160. Worships false gods--Isaiah 21:9.
161. Worships idols--Jeremiah 50:2.
Why Does God's Once Faithful Church Become Part of Babylon
1. Because her precious vessels are removed--Daniel 1:2.
2. Because her precious vessels are united with Babylonian treasures--Daniel 1:2.
3. Because her shepherds (ministers) caused their sheep (members) to go astray--Jeremiah 50:6.
4. Because her sins reach unto heaven (corporate probation closed)--Jeremiah 51:9.
5. Because her strength is placed in the church, not in God--Ezekiel 24:2, 21.
6. Because highest leader becomes blind--2 Kings 25:7; Jeremiah 39:7; Jeremiah 52:11.
7. Because highest leader does evil in God's sight--2 Chronicles 36:5.
8. Because highest leader hardens neck against God--2 Chronicles 36:13.
9. Because highest leader is among thorns--2 Chronicles 33:11.
10. Because highest leader makes covenant with Babylon leaders--Ezekiel 17:13.
11. Because highest leader stiffens neck against God--2 Chronicles 36:13.
12. Because majority of leaders and ministers follow after the abominations of other nations (churches)--2 Chron 36:14.
13. Because majority of leaders and ministers transgress against God--2 Chronicles 36:14.
14. Because of a famine occurring (no word of God) in midst of church--Jeremiah 52:6.
15. Because of arrogance--Isaiah 14:5.
16. Because of evil--Isaiah 13:11.
17. Because of evil doing--Jeremiah 32:30, 32.
18. Because of iniquity--Ezekiel 24:2, 23.
19. Because of pride--Isaiah 14:5.
20. Because of worshiping false gods--Acts 7:43.
21. Because of rebellion--Ezekiel 17:12, 24:3.
22. Because of there being no bread (no Saviour) in midst of church--Jeremiah 52:6.
23. Because of transgressions--1 Chronicles 9:1.
24. Because of wickedness--Isaiah 14:5.
25. Because she allowed abominations to be practiced in midst--Jeremiah 32:33.
26. Because she allowed scum to remain within her--Ezekiel 24:2, 6.
27. Because she allowed strangers into midst--Jeremiah 51:51.
28. Because she became polluted--2 Chronicles 36:14.
29. Because she broke covenant made with God--Ezekiel 17:19.
30. Because she chose to unite with Egypt (world) which occurs just before becoming part of Babylon--Ezek 17:15-18.
31. Because she despises oath made with God--Ezekiel 17:19.
32. Because she filled land (whole structure) with sin against the Lord--Jeremiah 51:5.
33. Because she follows other gods--Jeremiah 32:35.
34. Because she forgot her resting place (Jesus)--Jeremiah 50:6.
35. Because she forgot sacredness of God's Sabbath--2 Chronicles 36:21.
36. Because she harkened not to God's instructions--Jeremiah 32:33, 36:31.
37. Because she is full of blood--Ezekiel 24:2, 6-9.
38. Because she is full of filthiness--Ezekiel 24:2, 11.
39. Because she is full of iniquity--Isaiah 14:5.
40. Because she is full of lewdness--Ezekiel 24:2, 13.
41. Because she is full of lies--Ezekiel 24:2, 12.
42. Because she obeyed not God's voice--Jeremiah 40:2-3.
43. Because she provoked God to anger--Jeremiah 32:32.
44. Because she provoked God to wrath--Ezra 5:12.
45. Because she refuses to be purged by God--Ezekiel 24: 2, 13.
46. Because she sacrificed her children to false gods--Jeremiah 32:35.
47. Because she sinned against the Lord--Jeremiah 50:7.
48. Because she trespassed against God--Ezekiel 17:20.
49. Because she turned back and not face to God--Jeremiah 32:33.
50. Because the desire of her eyes was for the church, not for God--Ezekiel 24:2, 21.
51. Because the joy of her glory was not Jesus--Ezekiel 24:2, 25.
Principles and Things to Remember About Babylon
1. All inhabitants (members) are partakers of Babylon's sins--Revelation 18:4.
2. All inhabitants (members) are to receive of Babylon's judgments or plagues--Revelation 18:4.
3. All inhabitants (members) will fall in the midst of Babylon--Jeremiah 51:47.
4. All who are part of, or joined with, Babylon shall be destroyed--Isaiah 13:15, 14:22.
5. Babylon falls piece by piece--Jeremiah 51:31.
6. Babylon is likened to a destroying mountain--Jeremiah 51:25.
7. Babylon is the dwelling place for dragons--Jeremiah 51:37.
8. Babylon will fall suddenly and is completely unaware--Jeremiah 50:24, 51:8.
9. Blood is upon all the inhabitants (members) of Babylon--Jeremiah 51:35.
10. Even highest leader of Babylon will fall down and worship at feet of God's saints--Daniel 2:46.
11. Even the ungodly realized that God's once chosen and faithful church was part of Babylon because she obeyed not God's voice--Jeremiah 40:2-3.
12. God's once faithful church became connected with Babylon, but while many of His professed people were being slain because of it, God extended mercy to those who had no connection with the rebellious church--Jeremiah 39:16-18.
13. God's once faithful church makes covenant with Babylon, but after it is made, the only way the church can continue to stand is by continuing with covenant--Ezekiel 17:14.
14. God restores all His precious vessels (truths) only to those who separate from Babylon--Ezra 1:11, 5:14-15, 6:5.
15. God's true people are to be delivered from midst of Babylon--Micah 4:10; Zechariah 2:7.
16. Highest leader of God's professed church was captured and made prisoner, but finally gave up warfare and agreed to become a leader in Babylon--2 Kings 25:27-30; Jeremiah 52:31-34.
17. Kings of the earth commit fornication with Babylon--Revelation 17:2, 18:3.
18. Merchants lived on Babylon's delicacies--Revelation 18:3.
19. Message of the fall of Babylon begins the time of harvest--Jeremiah 51:27, 33.
20. Names changed when become part of Babylon--Daniel 1:7.
21. No one is forced to leave Babylon to rebuild God's church--Ezra 7:13.
22. Only health reform kept a small remnant pure while in Babylon--Daniel 1:8, 16.
23. Only those who separated from Babylon to rebuilt God's church, and who were of one accord, can be written down on the new membership list of God's church--Nehemiah 7:5-13, 8:1.
24. Only those who separate from Babylon will have God's covenant of peace--Jeremiah 32:36-44.
25. Some of those who separate from Babylon are made to wear crowns of gold--Zechariah 6:10-15.
26. Souls are held guilty of Babylon's sins if remain part of her--Jeremiah 51:6.
27. Souls are lost if they remain part of Babylon--Jeremiah 51:6.
28. Takes about three years to try and defile and corrupt God's people with Babylonian meat and wine--Dan 1:5, 8.
29. The blood of all God's servants is found within Babylon--Revelation 18:24, 19:2.
30. The least (weakest) of God's flock brings Babylon down--Jeremiah 50:45.
31. There were three different attacks against church until it was completely conquered--Jeremiah 52:28-30.
32. Those who separate to rebuild God's church are supported with freewill gifts--Ezra 7:15-17.
33. Three parts make up Babylon the great--Revelation 16:19.
34. When Babylon captures church only a poor remnant left--Jeremiah 52:16.
35. When Babylon captures church she breaks down all her walls--Jeremiah 52:14.
36. When Babylon captures church she breaks down all the great pillars supporting it--Jeremiah 52:17, 20-23.
37. When Babylon captures church she burns it with fire--Jeremiah 52:13.
38. When Babylon captures church she takes away all the precious vessels (truths)--Jeremiah 52:18-19.
39. When church becomes part of Babylon, blindness occurs (eyes put out) and cannot really see that church and membership are indeed part of Babylon--Jeremiah 39:7; Ezekiel 12:13.
40. When church becomes part of Babylon, her members become lost sheep--Jeremiah 50:6.
41. When God calls for His people to separate from Babylon, it is a new beginning (1st day of 1st month)--Ezra 7:9.