Sabbath, July 02, 2011 - "Our works follow us to the Judgment"
said this…Luke 26-30 Luk
17:26 And as it was in the days of
Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
Luk 17:27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
Luk 17:28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
Luk 17:29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
Luk 17:30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
9:28 And Noah lived after the flood three hundred and fifty years.
Gen 9:29 And all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years: and he died.
· So when the Son of Man is revealed likewise it will be like in the days (plural) of Noah.
· Sin has engulfed the world, and man’s heart and thoughts are far from God.
6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he
also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
4. Gen 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
· So our Lord will give them a probationary period of 120 years to turn from sin (as we saw in Gen 6:3), and Noah was His chosen messenger to deliver this warning message of grace.
5. 2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
· Is this generation ripe for a final cleansing? While God's servants today are giving the 3 angels message that the end of all things is at hand, this very same generation will be asleep to His truths, and the wicked will be eating, drinking, and marrying to his unsanctified instructions.
· Importantly Noah was told to build an ark on dry ground. The Earth. Today we are to build towards our salvation here on this earth as it will prepare our future Salvation with God in eternity. We are building now our future estate on dry ground as Noah did by building the Ark.
· Who was Noah’s beloved? (Bride/Wife, Sons/Daughters).
· Who does Noah represent in this event? Noah represents a type of Christ/God. He symbolically represents Him.
· Now what does the Ark represent? The Ark represents Gods Salvation.
6. Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
7. 1Pe 3:20 “Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.”
14:2-3 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have
told you. I go to prepare a place for
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
· Now notice the ark had 3 levels including a door and a window.
9. Gen 6:16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it. So how do we enter to the Salvation of God?
· The door here represents Jesus. The only way into to the Salvation of God was through that door.
10. Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
11. Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
12. Joh 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
13. Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
· Now what about the 3 levels of the ark? It represents the 3 levels into God Salvation. Sanctification, Justification, and Glorification are the levels needed to gain redemption, and our final glory of the blessed hope to be with our Eternal King!
· What else can the 3 levels of the Ark represent? It represents the Family of God. The unity in which They dwell in for our redemption. The Father who provides for us. The Son who died for us, and the Holy Spirit who guides for us. All 3 needed for our Salvation and redemption. The Ark we can now see represents Gods Salvation.
· As probation closed on the Antediluvian world, so will it soon close upon this wicked generation.
14. Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Gen 7:1 And the LORD
said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen
righteous before me in this generation.
Gen 7:16 And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in.
· When the door was shut closed here it represents the closing of the Book of Life. One class will be spared to be put into a barn/ark/God’s Salvation, and the other class will be prepared for destruction.
16. Rev 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
17. Rev 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
18. Gen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
19. Gen 7:17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.
20. Gen 7:19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.
Gen 7:22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life,
of all that
was in the dry land, died.
Gen 7:23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
22. 2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, ( so much for it being a secret rapture) and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
23. Isa 24:1 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.
24. Isa 24:2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.
:3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.
25. Jer 25:33 And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.
26. Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
27. Jer 4:29 The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, (and not a man dwell therein.)
28. Jer 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
Isa 9:18-19, Isa 24:1-3,
2Pe 3-10-12, 2Th 1:7-9, Jer 4:23, 27, 29
· The day of the Lord comes to the wicked as a thief. Not the Lord himself to the His obedient remnant. As it is also written in…
30. 1Th 5:4-5 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
31. Gen 8:3 And the waters returned from off the earth continually: and after the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters were abated. Gen 8:4 And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.
· As the Ark found a place to touchdown on a mountain so will our Lords feet AFTER the 1000 years.
32. Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
· Let’s finally get back to the window of the Ark. And what does it represent.?
· A window being opened is to given a look at a scene. A view of something, as an extended look, or scene. Just as the 144,000 will be shown the scenes in heaven. It will be shown them how our Lord is just, and who was the cause of the wickedness from the very beginning. Ever wondered what the Raven, and Dove represented in this glimpse which Noah revealed to us from and opened window? It was a foretelling view of the scenes of the world.
33. Gen 8:7-12 And he sent forth a raven, which went forth to and fro, until the waters were dried up from off the earth.
34. :8 Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground;
35. :9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.
36. :10 And he stayed yet other seven days; and again he sent forth the dove out of the ark;
37. :11 And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.
38. :12 And he stayed yet other seven days; and sent forth the dove; which returned not again unto him any more.
· The Raven here represents Satan. Remember Gen 8: said… the raven went to and fro upon the waters (people) until the (people) waters (ceased) dried up from the earth!
39. Job 1:7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
40. Rev 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
· Next we turn to the Dove. The Dove here represents the Spirit of God.
41. :8 Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground;
42. :9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.
43. Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
44. 2Pe 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
45. Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
46. 1Pe 3:19,20 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; :20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
47. :11 And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.
· In verse 10 & 11 in Gen 8 we now for the second time God sends out His Spirit (Dove). This time the Dove comes back in the evening with an olive branch. The Dove here represents Jesus first coming to bring Salvation to His people (Israel). What does the olive tree represent in scripture.
48. Psa 52:8 But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever. Hos 14:6 His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his smell as Lebanon.
· So if the Dove the second time represents Jesus, then the olive branch in its mouth must represent the Righteousness of Jesus Christ. King Of Righteousness! Coming conquering and redeeming His people.
49. Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
· In the evening hours of the cross Jesus died triumphing over them who had the powers of darkness. In that ninth hour is when He gave up the ghost. (See Mat 27:46, 50), & Col 2:15.
· Yet there is one last and final time the Dove is set back out.
50. Gen 8:12 And he stayed yet other seven days; and sent forth the dove; which returned not again unto him any more.
51. 1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
52. 1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
53. Rev 7:14-17 reveals… And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
54. 15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
55. 16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. 17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
57. Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
· What a foregleam of the events of earth’s history when that window of the ark was opened!
· Continuing to the last events of the ark descending back to the earth’s surface.
58. Gen 8:14-17 And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth dried.
15 And God spake unto Noah, saying,
16 Go forth of the ark, thou, and thy wife, and thy sons, and thy sons' wives with thee.
17 Bring forth with thee every living thing that is with thee, of all flesh, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth; that they may breed abundantly in the earth, and be fruitful, and multiply upon the earth.
59. Revelation 21:1, "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."
60. Isa 33:21 But there the glorious LORD will be unto us a place of broad rivers and streams; wherein shall go no galley with oars, neither shall gallant ship pass thereby.
In (MS 33, dated 1911) she wrote this…
· The sea divides friends. It is a barrier between us and those whom we love. Our associations are broken up by the broad, fathomless ocean. In the new earth there will be no more sea, and there shall pass there "no galley with oars." In the past many who have loved and served God have been bound by chains to their seats in galleys, compelled to serve the purpose of cruel, hardhearted men. The Lord has looked upon their suffering in sympathy and compassion. Thank God, in the earth made new there will be no fierce torrents, no engulfing ocean, no restless, murmuring waves.
61. Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
62. Pro 11:31 “Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth:”
63. Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
64. Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Mar 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.